Mt. Moon

Day 5:

We healed up and made sure everything was ready in the Pokemon Center at the foot of Mt. Moon. I stepped outside, only for Jin to appear, jumping about for some reason. He said that he was going to go and enter the Pokemon Contest in Cerulean City, and he disappeared into Mt. Moon.

I shrugged, and got going into Mt. Moon soon after him.

Mt. Moon

I found my way quite easily through the first floor, and there were loads of footprints of experienced Fossil Hunters, and they all led to the stairs up to the next floor.
When I reached the stairs a mysterious trainer jumped out at me. He wanted to battle. I agreed, and sent out Kakuna. He sent out an Umbreon, which I checked out on my Pokedex. It was an evolved form of Eevee.

We battled, and Kakuna easily beat the badly trainer Umbreon. It had been evolved too soon, and didn't trust the trainer.
The mysterious trainer then threw a Pokeball at my Kakuna! I shielded it, and withdrew Kakuna. We sprinted for the stairs, and luckily the trainer didn't follow. What sort of trainer tries to catch other trainer's Pokemon? I had heard of 'Snagging', but that was only in the Orre region, and only on Shadow Pokemon.

I got to the next floor, and tried to put these thoughts to the back of my mind.

The next floor was really hard to navigate, it was so dark! Nidoran didn't know which way to go either! I though it might, as it lived near the mountain. I just headed towards the lightest part, and eventually found the exit.

Route 4: Mt. Moon Exit - Cerulean City

As soon as I had exited, some strange trainers tried to give me an item, the BlueLightBall. They said it made Pikablu more powerful. I checked out 'Pikablu' on my Pokedex, and it said that there was no such Pokemon. It was about to give the fake trainers a piece of my mind, but they had all disappeared.

I carried on through the Route, and an Old Man walked over to me. He asked about the BlueLightBall, then gave me an item called a Moon Stone. It looked a bit like this.


I put it in my bag and carried on to Cerulean, training Nidoran and Bulbasaur up along the way. I had heard that Misty was a powerful trainer, and was difficult to defeat. Brock was certainly quite hard.

We camped outside the city, ready for the next day.

But just as we were setting up the tent, a wild Oddish attacked.

Kakuna finished it off brilliantly, and started to evolve again. It's shell had been really hot lately, so I was really proud of him.

It evolved into a Beedrill, which I checked out on the Pokedex. It had learned the attack Twineedle.

Beedrill helped put up the tent, and we camped there. I was really proud of Kakuna for evolving again.

Inside Mt. Moon, I took a photo of Bulbasaur and Nidoran battling a Zubat using my Flash.