Pewter City

Day 3:

We arrived in Pewter just after the sun rose, wanting to get an early start. First I visited the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. Then I got out my map of the City, to see what I could do here.
There was a gym, which I hoped to beat, and a Museum. I visited the museum first, as it was supposed to be very interesting. I had once been on a day trip with my Dad to visit the Museum in Slateport, and I loved it.

Pewter Museum

I paid my entrance fee, and went to the nearest exhibit. It was a fossil of a Kabutops, an ancient Pokemon. I got out my notebook, and made notes on all the Fossilised Pokemon.

Omanyte:

One of the ancient and long-since-extinct POKéMON that have been regenerated from fossils by humans. If attacked, it withdraws into its hard shell.
A prehistoric POKéMON that lived in the primordial sea, it swims by twisting its 10 tentacles about.
Although long extinct, in rare cases, it can be genetically regenerated from fossils.

I was interested in the regegeration of Fissils, so I asked one of the scientists which lab did it. He told me that the big lab on Cinnabar Island as the best place.

Omastar:

An OMASTAR uses its tentacles to capture its prey. It is believed to have become extinct because its shell grew too large, making its movements slow and ponderous.
Its tentacles are highly developed as if they are hands and feet. As soon as it ensnares prey, it bites.
Despite having strong fangs and tentacles, it went extinct when its heavy shell made it unable to catch prey.

Kabuto:

It is a POKéMON that has been regenerated from a fossil. However, in rare cases, living examples have been discovered. KABUTO have not changed for 300 million years.
This POKéMON was regenerated from the fossil of an ancient creature. It protects itself with a hard shell.
A POKéMON that was regenerated from a fossil found in what was once the ocean floor long ago.

Kabutops:


KABUTOPS once swam underwater to hunt for prey. It was apparently evolving from being a water dweller to living on land as evident from changes in its gills and legs.
It swims freely through water. It catches prey with its scythe-like arms and drains the victim's fluids.
Its sleek shape is perfect for swimming. It slashes prey with its claws and drains their fluids.

Aerodactyl:

AERODACTYL is a POKéMON from the age of dinosaurs. It was regenerated from DNA extracted from amber. It is imagined to have been the king of the skies.
It was regenerated from a dinosaur's genetic matter that was found in amber. It flies with high-pitched cries.
A ferocious, prehistoric POKéMON that goes for the enemy's throat with its serrated, sawlike fangs.

All the Fossilised pokemon looked really interesting, and I sketched a few.

Aerodactyl
Kabutops
Omastar
Kabuto
Omanyte
Dome Fossil (Kabuto)
Helix Fossil (Omanyte)
Old Amber (Aerodactyl)

After I had finished in the museum, I left, as it was lunchtime, and Bulbasaur was getting hungry. I visited the gift shop and bought a Sticker for my Trainer Card, to show that I had visited.
We found a bench, and we all tucked in to food, sandwiches for me, PokeFood for Bulbasaur and Weedle.

When we had finished, I decided to sketch Weedle. I just had the perfect look of happiness.
When I had finished the drawing, I showed it to Weedle. It loved it. I gave Weedle a PokeTreat, and put my Sketchbook away again. I decided to go and have a go at the gym. I stood up and made my way over t the gym.

Pewter Gym:

I went into the large gym, which was dominated by the massive Boulder Stadium. Brock was stood at the back, so I walked up to him and challenged him. He agreed, and we battled.

Brock's Geodude was pretty good, and was fairly defensive. Bulbasaur did really well to KO it. The Onix was really tough. It beat Bulbasaur easily and had even less trouble dispatching Weedle. I lost, and thanked Brock for the battle. He said that Bulbasaur and Weedle were really determined! I left the gym to go and heal, then more training in Viridian Forest.

Viridian Forest:

Weedle and Bulbasaur trained lots until it was nearly dark. Just as I was about to pack up and go home, Weedle beat a Caterpie, and started to glow. His whole body changed shape! He had evolved. I got out my PokeDex, and it told me that Weedle had evolved into Kakuna. Kakuna looked really powerful. I put the PokeDex away. Surely I could beat Brock with a powerful Kakuna on my side!

We camped outside the forest, near to a small lake, for the night.