Viridian City Revisited

Day 20

We arrived back in Viridian, to challenge the gym. It was the first place I went, and the machine in the door read my Trainer Card, letting me in.

I challenged Cassie to a 1-on-1 battle, 3 Pokemon each.

I started with Beedrill, she went with Nidoking.

Beedrill got in some great hits, but got hurt itself. It eventually KOed Nidoking after Nidoking used Dig, and Beedrill followed it into the Tunnel, KOing it with unavoidable Fury Attacks.

Cassie then sent out Dugtrio.

Dugtrio used Dig, hitting Bulbasaur badly. Then I realised that Pokemon could be KOed underground....

I told Bulbasaur to Leech Seed the ground, then use Sunny Day. This led the seeds to quickly become big trees with long roots. Dugtrio got stuck underground, then I sent out Nidorino, who used Earthquake, which was ultra-powerful on the trapped Dugtrio, KOing it.

Then came Cassie's Rhydon, which instantly charged at Nidorino, KOing him in one hit.

I sent out Bulbasaur, but her Solarbeam was beaten back by Rhydon's Fire Blast, KOing Bulbasuar.

I had to go with tired Beedrill, who hit quickly with a Signal Beam, toppling Rhydon over. Beedrill then went it with Twineedle, KOing it, and earning me the Earth Badge, and my ticket to the Indigo League.

I shook Cassie's hand and left the gym, heading straight for Victory Road, after healing up.

We made our way right up to the entrance, then we camped there, wanting to be refreshed for the journey.